How To Install PTC Mathcad Prime - Locked License
- Obtain your locked license by using Mathcad License Setup, logging into your PTC account or by contacting us so we can request this for you. The license file is a text file named lm_xxxxxxxx.txt, where xxxxxxxx is a randomly generated number.
- Download your installer and up-zip the file on your machine.
- Run Setup.exe making sure the user account has the correct privileges to install new software.
- Select ‘Install new software’ and proceed.
- The installer will default to C:\Program Files\PTC and this can be changed at this stage. Make sure to press ‘Enter’ after altering the install location to confirm the change.
- Your products will now install.
- Launch Mathcad Prime. You’ll notice the bar just under the ribbon states PTC Mathcad Express. This means you’re currently using the free version and you need to add the license in order to run the full version.
- Press the M’ button (top left) > Options > License tab. Select File from the options and browse to the license file (lm_xxxxxxxx.txt).